Monday 22 July 2013

WELCOME EDITOR RACHEL D. LANDIS

Hello and thanks for reading our blog.  We strive to keep you entertained and informed. This is the first of our staff interviews.  We are honored to have a wonderfully talented group.
 
WELCOME RACHEL D. LANDIS
STAFF EDITOR
 
 

How long have you been an editor? 
Officially, since May.  Unofficially, since about high school.  We won’t discuss how long that’s been.
 
What type of books do you like to edit best? 
I don’t have any particular favorites.  I prefer things that are well written.
 
 What made you decide to be an editor?
It actually pays and I’m good at it.
 
Are you an author too?
Yep.
 
Tell us about some of your books, where can we get them? 
I haven’t published a book yet.  I’ve published a delirious amount of short stories.  Microhorror.com and madswirl.com have both published my work.  Consent Magazine, which no longer exists, published my work for about five years.  I also was in the top 100 of Amazon’s first break through novel contest in 2008.  That novel is still looking for a home.
 
Tell us about your other creative talents. 
I’ve played piano all my life, I draw & paint, cook & bake (I should share pictures of some of my food art) and I act.  I’m auditioning for a local theatre at the end of this month.
 
Do you have favorite authors? 
Early Anne Rice, J.K. Rowling, John Irving & a lot of dead people. 
Who and why do you like their work especially?  
Because it’s good and well written.
 
What do you do in the time you are not writing or editing, for fun or for any other career you may have?
Also, I take care of 2 black lab mixes, 4 cats and a husband.
  
Tell us about your hobbies or activities you enjoy doing with your family or friends? 
 I don’t have friends and I don’t like my family.
 
What movies or music do you enjoy?
I haven’t watched a movie at a theatre since Toy Story 3 came out.  I love Matchbox 20, Frankie Valli & the Four Seasons, Soundtracks from Disney & Broadway musicals, the Cure, Poison, pretty much anything again . . .
 
Tell us anything else about you which may be of interest to our readers.  
I think Ian Somerhalder is gorgeous and he’s the only reason I watch Vampire Diaries.
 
The picture I attached was one of me dressed up for 80’s day @ work. I also attached a picture of my food art, a simple one.  That is a fruit roll-up.  I was bored.

 
Thanks so much, Rachel.  I truly enjoyed learning more about you.  Patricia and I are so happy to have you as part of our team.  Rachel will be editing for both Crimson Frost and for Midnight Frost Books.  We are loving how our company is growing.  We are blessed to have excellent talent all around. Happy editing!
 
Celeste and Patricia, Publishers

No comments:

Post a Comment