Tuesday 4 February 2014

Italian Lakes The perfect Setting for a Sexy Fantasy


The Italian Lakes the Perfect Setting for a Sexy Fantasy

If you've already read The Dragon Legacy you will know it is set in the picturesque English Lake District, an area I know really well and love. If would like to read about the setting for The Dragon Legacy head over to Mac Rome's blog 'Stories of Romance'.

 The next book in the series features two characters from The Dragon Legacy; Jasmine and Zane. I loved Jasmine a young witch and Zane a shape-shifter whose alter ego is a beautiful silver wolf from the moment I created them for my first book but I had to play down their role because The Dragon Legacy was Fleur and Lukas' story.

When creating a story I decide where the story will be set first I love lakes and mountains and I can easily imagine dragons flying in the skies and hiding in mountain caves and wolves roaming the woodland that clings precariously to the hillsides.

I decided on the Italian Lakes and Venice for Jasmine and Zane's romantic adventure.

Lake Garda is a beautiful dichotomy of rugged often snowy mountains and clear calm lakes bordered by pretty villages and towns. The first picture shows Lake Garda. The second Bardolino a town close to Lake Garda famed for its wine. The grapes used in the wine grow on the surrounding hillsides.

  





(Lakeside Path heading north towards Bardolino Taken by A W MacFadyen. released by owner to public domain.)                                                                                                                                       










(Bardolino Taken by A W Macfadyen Released to public domain.)


 Venice will also feature prominently because of its romantic ambiance and the mystique it creates in my imagination. Steeped in history it will make a lovely setting for my paranormal characters. I think this picture illustrates it perfectly.




{{Imagecredit|credit=Astrid Zasburg|

I'll be back blogging here on 13th February 2014 and will have an exclusive excerpt from Jasmine and Zane's adventure.

In the meantime check out my blog Jane Hunt Writer First Steps where I am running a poll to decide on the title for Jasmine and Zane's adventure. The title I like best will win an e-copy of The Dragon Legacy and a crackle handmade necklace as featured on my Pinterest board The Dragon Legacy -Fleur . Poll runs from 1-28 February 2014.




  

No comments:

Post a Comment