Monday 5 August 2013

WELCOME STAFF MEMBER AMELIA SWAN, EDITOR, TEACHER, BALLERINA!

How long have you been an editor?  What type of books do you like to edit best? 
 This is my first editing job, but I have been editing the papers of high school students for the past four years. 
 
What made you decide to be an editor?
One of my favorite parts about being an English teacher is editing papers and helping my students to become better writers. So when I came across this job opportunity I thought, "Why wouldn't I enjoy editing the kinds of stories I'd be reading in my free time anyway?"
 
Are you an author too?   
I'm unpublished author who hopes to soon be a published author.
 
Do you have favorite authors?  Who and why do you like their work especially?
 Kurt Vonnegut. I can't read a single page from one of his books without being amazed by how good he was at what he was doing.
 
What do you do in the time you are not writing or editing, for fun or for any other career you may have?
Ballet. I train 6 days a week and teach some classes for beginning dancers. I love to perform when I get the chance.
 
What do you enjoy reading?
Romance and erotic romance. But I also enjoy the classics and historical nonfiction. 

Tell us about your hobbies or activities you enjoy doing with your family or friends?
My favorite thing to do is sit on the couch with my husband and watch TV.  

What movies or music do you enjoy?
I like Wes Anderson movies and most anything that's intended for children.
 
Tell us anything else about you which may be of interest to our readers.  I am sure there are a lot of things.  Tell us something.
1) I'm a huge pro wrestling fan. In fact, I'm working on a novel about an artist who falls for a wrestler. 2) I've been a vegan since high school. 3) I'm crazy about my cat and my dog.

Thank you Amelia for your interview.  Your interview confirms we certainly have a wide range of talent working together here at CFB and MFB.  All of our staff and authors bring so many different skills and artistic talents together under our CFB and MFB umbrella.  We are so happy, no thrilled, to have you all with us!
Thanks for reading,
Celeste and Patricia, Publishers

No comments:

Post a Comment