Thursday 8 August 2013

15 DAYS UNTIL OPENING DAY WE ARE WELCOMING JESS DRISCOLL, MULTI TALENTED EDITOR!

How long have you been an editor?  What type of books do you like to edit best?  
I've always been a writer, so I've always been an editor of my own work, but professionally, I do mostly academic editing. I like to edit the books I like to read, but necessity dictates I stretch myself and do the work that comes my way.
 
What made you decide to be an editor?
Finding mistakes is an innate skill for me. It's a thing I know how to do, and years of doing it has made me better. I want all books to be better, and this is how I can help. 
 
Are you an author too? Tell us about some of your books, where can we get them?  If not tell us about your other creative talents. 
I am an author. I write under the pen name Jameson Dash. You can find more information at jamesondash.com. (I'm also a seamstress, and I love to draw.)
 
Do you have favorite authors?  Who and why do you like their work especially?
I love the way Michael Chabon makes a sentence, the way David Levithan writes about teenagers in love, the way Sue Goyette makes me laugh, and the way Abi Morgan writes exceptional women.

What do you do in the time you are not writing or editing, for fun or for any other career you may have?
I read a lot of stories and watch a lot of TV. I love to cook and bake, and I love to eat more.

What do you enjoy reading?
This year, I've challenged myself to read contemporary romances--not only in the genre sense, but the current release sense. I love Jane Austen, but it's been hard to find something I love among the romance novels being released today. I like to read non-fiction histories and biographers of interesting people.

Tell us about your hobbies or activities you enjoy doing with your family or friends? 
Experimenting in the kitchen: my best friend and I have made butter, jam, pickles, pasta, cocktails, and we're always talking about trying something new. 

what movies or music do you enjoy?
I can't listen to music when I write and edit, but I love bubblegum pop, bluegrass folk, indie rock, and '70s radio. The movies I can watch again and again include Ghostbusters, Baz Luhrmann's Romeo + Juliet, All the President's Men, and The Goonies.

Tell us anything else about you which may be of interest to our readers.  I am sure there are a lot of things.  Tell us something. 
I've been on Twitter since December 2006. I was the 75,243rd person to sign up, but none of my friends believed me when I said it was going to be cool until the celebrities started tweeting.
 
Thanks so much for Jess, for your interview.  I am getting more and more excited about our company and the doors opening.  We are almost ready.  We hope the public is ready too.  Have your eyes ready to check out our books.   
 
Thanks for reading,
Celeste and Patricia

No comments:

Post a Comment